Playfulness in Weinland Park
Students designed and built an urban installation in a strategic location in the Weinland Park neighborhood. The installation aimed at fostering the quality of life of the community by providing a playful experience.
SPECIFIC LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Capacity to gather insightful information through research
• Capacity to think from a product-service-system perspective
• Capacity to envision relevant user experiences
• Capacity to learn from critics
• Execution of the full-scale model
PROCESS AND DELIVERABLES
Step 1 – Critical analysis of design intervention
• Select an existing playful urban design installation and critically analyze it.
Step 2 – Place characterization
• Visit the Weinland Park neighborhood and characterize it using Kevin Lynch’s methodology.
Step 3 – Three places / three interventions
• Select three locations and develop an intervention proposal for each.
Step 4 – Building and in situ installation
• Build a full-scale model of the selected concept and install the model at the chosen location